Dr. Michael A. Lindsey is an Associate Professor in the School of Social Work, and holds a faculty appointment in the Center for School Mental Health, School of Medicine at the University of Maryland. Dr. Lindsey’s research and clinical practice focuses on the treatment of adolescent depression. His research has been supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including his current work, which involves the development and test of a treatment engagement intervention to improve access to and use of mental health services for depressed adolescents. Dr. Lindsey is a member of the Ford Foundation Scholars Network on Masculinity and the Wellbeing of African American Males; and the Emerging Scholars Interdisciplinary Network. Dr. Lindsey holds a Ph.D. in Social Work and Master of Public Health degree from the University of Pittsburgh, Master of Social Work degree from Howard University, and B.A. in Sociology from Morehouse College. He also completed a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University.
2 responses to “About Michael”
Dr. Michael A. Lindsey
- RT @MentalHealth361: Kansas finds software helps with mental health treatment - Columbia Missourian dlvr.it/7YNq7d 6 days ago
- RT @TerrieWilliams: Nobody can put u down without your permission. 6 days ago
- This is the real problem with student debt wp.me/p5HMd-eSc0 via @TIME 2 weeks ago
- Medicaid enrollees w/ MDD & comorbid anxiety are likely to adhere to antidepressants ow.ly/DVLlW 2 weeks ago
- Mental health disorders are linked to increased risk of heart disease and stroke ow.ly/DVLcp 2 weeks ago